Monday, July 11, 2011

Reboot...

I have heard it said that people use the cliche of today is the first day of the rest of your life, but I am living it. I get it.
I began a challenge today.  It will be one of the hardest challenges I have ever undertaken, but I know that I will be successful.

I will never be (the me) I was for the first 39 years of my life again.  I have recently decided a lot about the years I have left to live.  Others do not see life the same way I do. I see people taking so many things for granted, and I am not fortunate to be so flippant about life. 
It is a sobering life to have 30+ surgeries and constantly struggle to stay alive, to work, to have benefits, to begin the cycle all over again. 
After my surgery in Salt Lake City, UT I felt that I was allowed to live to do the job I do.

I am embarking on a personal/spiritual/physical remodel of me. 
Last year I read a book that focused on being the best version of yourself you can be.  I also read a book about dreams.  I have dreams and I am wasting my life not taking care of myself. 

If I am not careful I will expire long before I should (as I do not have a great track record so far).  It was/is hard to admit that I treat myself and my body the way I do.  I am weak, lazy and tend to fall victim to bad habits, and excuses. 
I always wondered why I didn't mean more to myself than that.

Well, I began again today.   
First my actual birth.
Second my surgery that saved my life.
Third a choice to take my health into my own hands and begin taking real care of myself.

I am on route to be the best version of myself I can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment