Saturday, October 15, 2011

WALSH Family Fun weekend!

I am so proud of niece E. 

She is a smart, good hearted, and amazing young woman, and I am blessed to be her Aunt, Godmother and friend.
I met some really amazing people today and have to say that E is lucky to have them in her life as well.  My mom and dad went back to E's dorm to watch OSU play football.  E had to go with them to swipe them in to the building.
First we went to the festival part of the event...we made beaded rosary key chains. 
Of course mine is black and orange.
We stood in line for the balloon animals for like 2 hours. J got a penguin, L a giraffe, A a large sword, E got a monkey on a palm tree (seriously), and I got black stemmed orange and white flowers. 

We made it a total blast, doing it.
We had these little mustaches, and glasses that my mom bought for me to use when I shoot a wedding.  It was hysterical to see the guys and girls use them and get their pictures with...dudes with fake big lips and chicks with mustaches..total hoot!
We did a tremendous amount of walking, but more so just standing all day long. 
We went and saw animals, and we walked to and from the car over and over and over again. 

I got my official WALSH University hoodie and we were on our way again...this time to tailgate.
We get to the Hall of Fame football stadium and have to walk about 1.5 miles to get to the stinking
gate.
Good times!
(I don't eat)-but I as a supportive and good sport stood in line for another hour or so and for hot dogs and burgers. 

I felt terrible that it was so cold, and I felt pretty beat by the end of the day. 
I may have bitten off more than I could chew.
When it came to 10 o'clock worship I was toasted.  I feel bad that I wasn't feeling up to it..
I know E had to be really disappointed by me not going.
E if you are reading this, please know that I am so with you right now...As I lay my head down to sleep.  I have not been in bed at 10 p.m. for a while.
Body is telling me I need the rest.
I love you! 

1 comment: