Saturday, August 27, 2011

Walking for the HEART of it!

So, today I walked in my very first Heart walk, and I am happy to say it was an amazing experience. 
I walked with colleagues from work and it was so fun. 
I started my day getting a red baseball cap with a survivor pin on it.  I look goofy in hats, but it was more a symbol for how far I have come since all of my past health troubles.
I could have walked the bases with the other heart/stroke survivors, but I chose to go meet up with Nancy, Beth & Jodi!
We talked and walked the 3 miles, which was not as hard as I predicted it would be. 
Thanks to the ladies in the workout crew at McConnell.

I am proud of myself that I am focused on myself and committed to staying true to what goals I have set for myself.
I have an inner strength, but I would be nothing without my faith. 

No comments:

Post a Comment